Saturday, June 25, 2011

Writer's Cramp

The Lactic Report,  6.11.11  “Writer’s Cramp”

SANDBAGS XIV  

My apologies to all for the lateness of this Lactic Report.  If I told you I’ve been busy it would be completely truthful but a weak excuse all the same.  Suffice to say this has been an interesting three weeks.  All is good and God has blessed my family more than we could have ever imagined. 

~ J Delta

Okay, the box score … 

Starting Line up:
J-Delta (14)
Buck (14)
Doc (13)
KX (12)
Michigan (11)
Smoke (9)
One-Lap (9)
Rock (6)
Halle Berry (5)


The Workout

Ring o’ Fire:  Truthfully, this edition of the Lactic Report is so overdue I can’t remember the specifics but I’m sure it hurt like a bloody blister.  I seem to recall some sandbag squats, Bar B-Q Ribs, flutter kicks and push-ups mixed in with several sprint intervals.     

The Dirty Details:  Our Lanes o’ Pain were the standard strength variety:  Tire Flip (I love my tractor tire!), Tire Run, Tire Pull, Dumbbell toss with Spider Crawls.  I seem to remember a lot of smack talk coming from KX, Doc and Buck.  I suspect they were the designated dissenters for the entire group.  Listen up ladies, if you want easy, go to your globo gym and walk on the treadmill. 

Random grains of sand ….were completely washed out to sea.

 
ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS

Calibration
Next Pull-up calibration is Week XVI.  Set your goals high.     

10x Teaser
No 10x graduates this week, but several on the edge.  Keep coming for those socks … they’re free (well, sort of … requires a little blood, sweat & tears).
 
 
Mid week training.  Morning runs (6:00 a.m.) are now on Mon-Wed-Fri leaving from Summergrove Golf Club; distance/pace varies (4-7 miles).  This is a base builder for Blue Ridge Relay.  We will slowly begin bumping up mileages in mid June.  You don’t have to be on the BRR team to run with this group.  Show up or contact me, KX or Buck if you want to run.

Be sure to invite a friend for next week.  May our group grow in numbers and in strength.    

J-Delta

No comments:

Post a Comment